The purpose of the GRiT Race Party is to help all the girls of NICA build relationships with girls across all teams and be comfortable racing. Our day will be spent having a ton of fun! If you are a female identifying student athlete in NICA, we want YOU to be a part of our day! Here is the schedule:
8:00 - 8:30 AM
There will be no on-site registration. Please register in the Pit Zone before August 10.
Intro to Racing Clinic
8:30 - 9:00 AM
For all new racers! Learn tips for the start line and racing from a XC pro racer!
9:00 - 11:00 AM
This is a fun race. No race awards given. But it is guaranteed to be a TON of fun! Be looking for surprises on the trail!
Lunch & Recover
11:00 - 1:00 PM
Please bring a sack lunch. We will eat, cool down, relax and hear from our GRiT Ambassadors.
Water + Competition = tons of fun!
2:30 - 3:00 PM
We will end the day in style - dance party style!
Logistics for the day -
- Camping will be available at Spring Hill Park. Please reserve a camping spot for your family and/or team if needed. Its an early day on Saturday!
- You do need to bring a sack lunch and snacks for your day. We may have a food truck there, but to help us fit all the fun into our day, we will all need to bring a sack lunch. Feel free to bring ice chests and everything to keep your food cool and safe! We have both pavilions at the race start area reserved and things can be stored there.
- All GRiT Events are peanut free events. So please do not bring a pb&j sandwich for lunch or your favorite pb crackers. Let's make sure all our girls are safe by leaving those at home.
- Parents and families are WELCOME to stay around and cheer our girls on! We love siblings and parents! Please join in our day!
- If you would like to volunteer to help with tear down, set up or logistics to run our day, please reach out to Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event is for ALL female identify student athletes in NICA. We hope every girl in NICA will be at this race party! Regardless if you are not sure about racing any other NICA races or you are a pro that has been winning every single XC race you have ever entered, this day is for you!
- If you are a female NICA coach in Arkansas, we need you to be a part of our day! Please reach out to Haley and let her know you are coming! Bring all the girls on your team too!
- Scholarships ARE available for help with registration. Seriously. We want you there. If you need help with this, please let us know!